Thursday, April 8, 2010

Prevent Teen Pregnancy

Doesn't that title sound stupid? We are always against something, fighting something, rejecting something, denying something.

We, (America) hasn't figured out that trying to keep people from having sex, especially when they first discover it, is almost impossible without first holding them in high enough esteem that will allow them to understand and value waiting to relinquish their virginity. Our methods for trying to prevent pregnancy are negative and will never work.

Even with education, the drive to engage in sexual intercourse is strong and will most likely only result in that person taking precautions to prevent pregnancy and/or disease. which is all you can really hope for.

If we want to prevent teen pregnancy, we have to learn to relate to our teens. I don't see this happening. So many parents are too caught up in themselves, their jobs, etc.

We need to hold our daughters longer into their teenaged years. Their fathers should be the ones complimenting them and making them feel special and helping them understand the importance of denying their flesh. Instead, we preach and yell, and restrict, and deny. In many homes, this behavior by the parents will solidfy that child engaging in sex.

Many households have upheld the "Don't ask, don't tell," rule for centuries. No one is asking questions and no one is devulging any information. In the last blog, I mentioned my youngest daughter telling me about her classmate. She told me because she said she was having some symptoms that sounded like symptoms of pregnancy. I immediately asked her was she pregnant. She yelled, "I'm still a virgin!" I just wanted to hear her say it. I knew she wasn't pregnant, but it was also my way of letting her know what some of the symptoms of pregnancy are. She then revealed all the other information about her classmate.

Open, honest, communication! This is the only way to prevent most things.

No comments:

Post a Comment