Monday, June 14, 2010

Spit Out the Truth

My mother used to say my father would spit out the truth to tell a lie. There are many people in the world this way. They have no need for the truth so they feel it is okay to lie to others. When you deny yourself reality it is very easy to do the same to someone else.

I pride myself on being a straightforward person. I seldom say I'm honest because I, like others, am not honest all the time. I tend to be honest, but I can be dishonest. Whether honest, or dishonest I'm straightforward. I'm not trying to con, or scam, or misled with my dishonesty. It usually falls under the category of not giving all the information for whatever reason. Not telling everything can be viewed as dishonesty.

But I'm not talking about people who withhold information because it may not be appropriate to speak on at the time, or it may not necessarily concern the person who is inquiring. I'm talking about people who use deception as a way of life. Folk who, like my mother says, would rather spit out the truth to tell a lie.

These people do not care who they hurt. They do not think their lies are harmful and they much rather be dishonest because it will cause conflict and chaos. Some people are not happy unless there is chaos. They'll make stuff up if they have to just to keep mess going. I stay away from these sorts as much as possible.

What kind of person are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment