Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes

My husband and I celebrated our 21st anniversary this past weekend. On Monday, his doctor called to tell him the results of the test he had done on his brain. The doctor's found he is suffering from severe hardening of the arteries and he was told a stroke is inevitable.

He had four strokes in the spring of 2008. The doctors discovered his Basal Artery was 90% blocked along with his major arteries in his neck. A stint was put in his Basal Artery and the strokes stopped. He has been able to function extremely well considering the strokes. Ithink he thought he was cured. Now, he knows differently.

I am glad to know that I geniuningly care about him and that I still plan to do what I can to make whatever time he has left, comfortable. It is amazing how you let go of the petty stuff when life gets real with you. I know he is grateful to have me and I am grateful to be in the right frame of mind to want to be there for him.

You just never know. Live life now!

No comments:

Post a Comment