Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Grown Ass Woman

I feel like a grown ass woman. A few days ago my husband accused me of something I knew I did not do. I did not have the tangible proof and I chose not to respond to his taunts and accusations.

Yesterday, I discovered what he was accusing me of misplacing. I told him I found the items and walked away. I didn't expect an apology, he hasn't grown to that point as of yet. He still feels he can be dead wrong and somehow right at the same time. Most confused people do.

But this is not about him. This is about how much I have grown. How much being right has become something less important than I could have ever imagined. I have gotten to the point in my life that most of what I do, give, and share is done without any expectation of reciprocation.

Being right doesn't give me the right to be defensive and mean spirited. Being right doesn't make me smarter, or anymore loved. Being able to be right, and let others claim how wrong I am, and me not feeling the need to put up a defense, or explain, or win them over, makes me proud and happy. I am happy with the woman I am becoming and the one that I am.

I can honestly say I have surpassed the desire to be understood by others, to have them on my side, or to have them acknowledge my brilliance. I'm good. I feel great about the woman I am.

My poor husband. He has struggled so many years trying to bait me. Trying to bring me down to his level. It is fun watching him trying to figure out how to get me. Nothing that used to work does anymore cause I'm not the same girl. As a matter of fact, I'm not a girl at all. I am a grown ass woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment