Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Why I Wear My Natural

Besides the fact I think I am beautiful with my closely cropped hair, the biggest part of why I wear my hair short is explained in this quote:

"Thus the black woman is never free of the painful reminder that she must be transformed from her natural state to some other state in order to appear presentable to her fellow men."

It is so said, but still true today that black women are spending enormous amounts of money to transform themselves into what they have been brainwashed into believing is more acceptable and better looking than what they were given to work with naturally.

I am shocked and amazed more and more by the number of places you can buy hair now. It won't be long before you'll be able to buy tracks at truck stops. The demand is just that great.

The women that really get to me are the ones who think they are do their own extensions, weaves, etc. They often look like somebody didn't finish or did it with their eyes closed. Everything has it place. But this out and out denial of who you are instead of trying to assimilate and associate with the other is down right ridiculous.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could live a normal life, but once women do this to their hair, they become slaves to it. Often foregoing activities for the sake of keeping straight hair which is not theirs in the first place. Lawd hab mercy!

I wear my hair short because that is the way nature planned and it is all right with me. Both my daughters are natural and they love it. We spend too much time trying to be who we are not. We claim we want a real man, but spend hours putting on fake hair, fake eyelashes, fake teeth and nails. In the end, what is real about us?

No comments:

Post a Comment