Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Miss the Opportunity

I will not miss any opportunities that come my way. This is my main goal for the year of 2010. I have already taken advantage of several and was glad to know I had been thought of and reached out to.

It is on thing to seek an opportunity. It is drastically another to have one given to you. Yes, I like seeking opportunities, but the ones given to me have been fair more interesting, far more rewarding, and more than I could have ever expected in most cases.

Moving the Louisville was one of the few opportunities I chased and it turned out to be great. I have accomplished every goal on the 10 year goal list I made back in 1995. I moved to Louisville in August of 1997. I remember looking at the list that hung on my key chain and saying, "Wow, I have accomplished most of these goals, and I hadn't noticed. I so astounded and proud of myself for subconsciously being the person I consciously thought I was.

I have since had to make new goals for myself. These goals are different because it is only one. My goal is to spend the rest of my life doing what is in my best interest and trying to help others do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment