Sunday, January 24, 2010

Freedom

I have spent the last six years creating the life I have now. I feel very comfortable and feel as though I have the time to do what I need to get done. I feel as though my life reflects the inner me on many levels. I feel free.

I feel free to come and go as I please. I feel as though my life is my own. I no longer feel the dread I once did when I was working to fulfill anothers dreams. Now that I have taken the necessary steps to claim my life, I am living it.

Freedom is not free. I suffered, compromised, and sacrificed a lot to be in the position I am in today. To have peace of mind, I make less money than I could. My kids do not get a lot of things, we rely more on interpersonal and intrapersonal activities. I have an old house, an old car and old clothes.

But what is most important to me is I have a renewed spirit each day that allows me to be able to meet the day head on and be appreciative of all I have. It is my attitude of gratitude that makes each and everyday easier and easier. To be grateful for what you have is to be aware that all you have is now. Staying in the moment is one of the many paths to freedom.

1 comment:

  1. When we appreciate what we have (including peace of mind), we are wealthy beyond measure!

    ReplyDelete