Friday, October 8, 2010

Hard Times

We are not prepared for the randomness of life. I am in ICU waiting for my husband to have surgery. He has internal bleeding. Since the four strokes in 2008, he has been in and out of the hospital. He is only 49 and it all seems premature. The doctors told him he has the body of a 65 year old. He has not cared much about taking care of himself and know he is paying dearly. My father didn't care about his health either and would often boast about having to die with something.

My husband has him beat. My husband has high blood pressure, diabetes, gasteoparesis, is in kidney and liver failure. It makes me sad to see how little he cares about himself. I have a hard time accepting he can't accept how bad off he is. He seems to have a death wish. I pray for God to touch his heart and open his mind. I hope he'll recognize his worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment