Tuesday, October 5, 2010

LOVE

One of my co-workers asked me how I wanted to be remembered. I told him I wanted people to remember me as someone who knew how to love.

I truly believe that is why we are all here. We are here to learn to love and forgive. Forgive and love. According to St. Paul, in his letter to the Corinthians love is:

Love is patient, love is kind. Love is not jealous, it doesn not put on airs, it is not snobbish. Love is never rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not prone to anger; neither does it brood over injuries. Love does not rejoice in what is wrong, but rejoices with the truth. There is no limit to love's forbearance, its truth, its hope, its power to endure.

My power to endure really bothers people. They have labled it many things. Many say I am a fool, I am gullible, I am weak, etc. But what they miss is what is really going on, I am doing my best to learn the limitlessness of love. On the surface, I may look like to fool to many, but for those who really know, they know I know how to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment