Monday, December 21, 2009

Live Your Life

I got bamboosled into looking at the movie New Moon. It wasn't long before I was hit with the truth about the movie. It is just another jacked up romance story sucking the life out of love.

The main female character is a throwback from a time that never should have been. She seemed to be an independant sort, but all it took was a display of manly prowess and off she was in love with someone who could not risk loving her. He left her and she lost what little identity she had, then turned to the next unavailable man to lick her wounds.

It made me sick.

Please women, learn to live your life before you are so willing to turn it over to someone else.

1 comment:

  1. I heard a big piece on NPR that said the same thing .....that this was not a very positive message for young girls....I alwasy laugh when I see some middle age woman reading a romance novel....... reality trumps all....

    ReplyDelete