Wednesday, December 30, 2009

You Just Never Know

Unfortunately, when we meet men we tend to want to change them. We somehow think we know what is best for them, even though they had been living their lives at least 20 years before we met them. Yet in still, we know what is right for them.

When they reject our desire to run their lives, we are insulted and often exclaim, "I was only trying to help you out." Did they ask? Did we ask? No, we don't ask because we think we know.

We think we know because we have played scenarios over in our heads, but forget the man was not there in our heads. Then we expect them to be able to read our minds, because we feel we read theirs, when in reality what we have done is scrutinized, analyzed, and often spied to get the information we do have about them.

I am here to tell you that you just never know. You really don't. Even when you think you know, you most often don't. At this point in my life, I am at the phase of live and let live. I have come to know what I know most is that I know nothing. I have become an open vessel, waiting for life's next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment