Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On Romance

Romance is the murderer of marriages. Marriage can never live up to the promise romance brings. Marriage is real, romance is for whimps. Romance is for those who want to do a whole lot, yet receive so little in return. Marriage offers stability and longevity, while romance only ask, "What have you done for me lately?"

I am a rock. I'm the type of woman you don't have tell you love her all the time, but would much rather have the small jestures that ultimately mean the most at the end of the day. A smile, a simple touch, a certain glance, or other things like helping with dinner, cleaning the house, or shopping for groceries.

I don't care he ever lights a candle if he pays the electric bill every month. I don't care if he ever feeds me grapes, if he buys them, I can feed myself.

If you really want to know what I think about romance for real, for real, read Robert Johnson's WE. This book changed my life.

We want too much of what we don't need, and most often don't want what we need.

1 comment:

  1. LOL genie is out of the bottle...people just dont want to put it back!

    ReplyDelete