Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Freedom of Choice

I know for a fact that it is our choices that make up our lives. Yes, some things are out of our control, but ultimately what choose to or not to do is the stuff that our lives are made up of. People make the mistake of thinking they can blame others, or circumstances for the outcome of their lives, when in reality the choice is always theirs.

Even in the worse situations, you have a choice. Being married as long as I have and by choice has helped me understand this dynamic greatly. For a long time, I blamed certain things on my husband when in actuality all I had to do was to choose to do something different, etc. Instead it was easy to make believe all my problems were because of him.

When we make bad choices we must also be willing to accept the consequences for said choices. People do what they want and when it doesn't necessarily turn out the way they think it should, they then refuse to take responsibility for making the wrong choice.

You have the freedom to choose. Study long and choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment