Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Relationship Coach

I have been a relationship coach for a while. I have several people who have given me the credit for helping them understand their role in the demise of certain relationships. I find that most people don't want to view themselves as the person who is causing the conflict in the relationship. When they find out that they contribute to the chaos, they tend to want to run and hide, only to have to face the music in the end.

Many people frown upon getting involved with helping people reach their highest selves. I think it is a blessing to care enough to want to help another bridge the gaps in their thinking that keep them from having to experiences with others they truly desire.

I am not the type of person who drags a person into anything, if a client becomes unwilling, I am unwilling, after all, it is their life. If they cease to care, it doesn't do my any good to hold on to trying to helping them in any way until they are ready to help themselves.

I do not believe we can motivate others. We can help they see how it is in their best interest to do a certain thing, but to motivate them? I don't think so. Folk have to want change, they have to need something real, they have to desire personal power and freedom. You cannot make anyone understand the worthiness of these things, they need to find out for themselves.

Free your mind and the rest will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment