Monday, November 15, 2010

My Kids

My kids are way too attached to me. I had to work overtime last Thursday and didn't come home until 7p.m. after leaving at 11:00 p.m. the night before. My husband called to tell me my children were beginning to get upset and wanting to talk to me.

He put the phone on speaker and all three started talking at the same time. "Where you at?" "When you coming home?"

My son met me at the bus stop to walk me home. As we walked, I began to talk to him about the fact that I could drop dead today and he needed to be ready. "Mom, I ain't ready for that. You know you are my backbone. I don't even want to think about not being with you."

"Son, you are your best thing. You can and will do what is necessary at the time. You just have to start thinking that way now. You have to let yourself think about what you would do if I am not here."

My 30 year old hugged and kissed my like I had been gone forever. They are all very attached in a real way. They just want to be where I am. I love my kids and they know it. They miss it in a very short time of separation. They know I am devoted to them and will just about do anything for them.

I believe they are prepared for the world. They just don't want to believe it. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment