Saturday, January 7, 2012

Seven Days Into the New Year

This is my first blog of the new year. My life has been on a roller coaster since right before Christmas and I just got off yesterday. My plumbing backed up two days before Christmas. I had no money for Christmas.

I paid the plumber which left me unable to pay the cable, so it was shut off. Then, two days before New Year's Eve, my furnace goes out. I couldn't believe something else was happening so quickly. It seemed the entire year of 2011 was fraught with one mishap, breakdown, illness, horror, or the other.

After being able to let my refrigerator to, something opened up in me that has heightened my ability to make the best out of bad situations. Instead of becoming upset about the furnace, I brainstormed and thought about electric heating. I remembered when I didn't have a huge gas bill and that was when I was living in apartments heated with electric wall heaters. I did some research and discovered I was correct about the financial savings and made the decision to go electric. I went out and bought good electric heaters and we are all toasty and ready for the next bullshit to crop up. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment