Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It Took Me Fifty Years to Learn

Even though I would be the first to tell you I do not believe in romance, I believe deeply in true love. It took me 50 years to learn that love don't love nobody. I really believed my love could change my husband. I learned love can only make a difference if the recipient is open to it.

A closed vessel cannot receive. He was not open to being loved for who he was. He wanted to me buy into the lie he was selling and when I refused, he refused to appreciate what I did have to offer, which was true friendship and honesty. I offered him an alternative to living a mediocre life and he resented the implication that he was not living well enough only thinking of himself.

I asked for too much and learned to hard way that love don't love nobody.

No comments:

Post a Comment