Friday, February 26, 2010

Really?

It always amazes me when people find out how I really am, that they are surprised. Because I can be loud and opinionated, strong in my convictions, and rarely back down from a fight; people also tend to feel I am judgmental. Which is furthest from the truth. I am a person who likes to see people do what is in their best interest. The problem comes in when I do not hesitate to be honest, or say what I believe. Most times what I believe a person could do if they chose to, is the last thing they want to do.

So, people only come to me when they think they want to hear what I believe, think, or advise. Those who walk into my world either walk out liking me, or wishing they never met me. The great thing about me is I am usually the same with everybody, unless I cannot be.

I tried to warn someone that someone they knew would be negative upon hearing news they wanted to tell. This person did not believe me, but as sure as I am beautiful, that person was immediately negative when told the news. I actually got to witness it in real time. I heard every word. No, I'm not happy I was right. It was just one of the many times I have read a person right.

Sometimes people really do just want to know your business just to know. They are with you, not for you, as evidenced by their inability to recognize your feelings when giving advise and listening to your situations, circumstance, etc. Do not be fooled. Everybody is not your friend just because they are friendly. Sometimes people just want to know your business just to know.

Before you share with other married women or men, you need to know how they feel about their own marriage. You can be guaranteed if they aren't where they want to be, they are not going to be able to be objective enough to help you. Married people do need to be real with couples seeking advise, but they do not need to be negative. Unless there is violence, no one should encourage another to divorce. Even when there is infidelity, there can be reconciliation, if the couple can come to an understanding.

Watch who you tell your business to. Take what everyone says with a grain of salt because no one has THE ANSWER, they only know what works for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment