Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Different

I feel different. My thoughts have shifted, my mind has changed about several things I once held in stone. I feel different. I do think the trip to Florida has a lot to do with it. During the weeks before I was to go, I found myself refusing to think about what was to come. I made a conscious decision not to anticipate and I am so glad I did.

My not needing to know, my lack of though towards what I thought I'd see or do, made it possible for me to be completely open to the experience. The entire time I succumbed to the wishes of others. Whatever they wanted to do, I did. I made no suggestions, I just went along. I very seldom, if ever do that. But, while in Florida, I did. I let go, for real.

Wow! Because of my ability to do that, I got a chance to see myself in a different light. I got to see that I am very balanced in the way I deal with others and I think that is why I have the appeal I do with certain individuals.

If you want things to be different, you have to want to be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment