Wednesday, August 25, 2010

He Don't Like Women

When men don't like women, they are usually afraid of them. They don't understand the females, thus they are disparaging and condescending.

Ask yourself:

  1. Does he believe woman was born to serve and service man?
  2. Does he "own" her?
  3. Is he born to give her orders?
  4. Is she supposed to obey him?
  5. Is woman innately dumb? Without opinions worth listening to.
  6. What are his attitudes about shared responsibilities, about decision making, household and child-rearing chores, job-holding and how the money is used?
  7. if dinner isn't on the table at 6:02, will he help or hit?
  8. How secure is he? Is he so insecure that he's go to devalue his mate in order to inflate his ego?
  9. Does he make a show of being supersecure, taking command of situations and people? The woman in his life--does she feel that as long as she's nearly perfect, everything will be all right? What will happen if she's herself? What is he like when he's angry? When he hears a differing viewpoint?
  10. What is know about violence in his family? Ask, are you afraid too?

Many women do not know their husbands family history. He may not be willing to tell you that his dad beat his mom every night. Women need to know that no one has the right to abuse another person. Everyone has the right to develop into the person they are meant to be, to make changes and decisions about their own lives. We all have the right to our own thoughts and feelings and to learn new ways of thinking and behaving.

If you are in a bad situation, know this:

  1. I do not cause another person's violent behavior.
  2. I do not like or want to be beaten.
  3. I do not have to take it.
  4. I am an important human being.
  5. I deserve to be treated with respect.
  6. I do have power over my own life.
  7. I can use my power to take good care of myself.
  8. I can decide what is best for me.
  9. I can make changes in my life if I want to.
  10. I am not alone; I can ask others for help.
  11. I am worth working for and changing for.
  12. I deserve a safe and healthy life.
  13. I have the right to live in the safety and calm of a violence free home
  14. I have the right to personal happiness without interference.I have the right to live in my own house without being molested or injured.


No comments:

Post a Comment