Sunday, March 20, 2011

Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't

My son has really shown himself to be the mean little so-in-so I knew he'd be. If he can't have things the way he wants, then he's upset. It so sad how selfishness and self-centeredness can overtake a person.

"This is definitely nature, because he sure wasn't nurtured that way." This is what my daughter said after listening to my son go off about how he was this, that and the other. He actually, at 20 years old has the nerve to call others losers, when he has done nothing to indicate he won't be one himself.

He barely made it out of high school because he let everything go until the last minute, yet in still he has the nerve to elevate himself. I told my daughter, "You know, a lot of people are like that. They try to make themselves feel more important than they are to over compensate for their short comings.

My son is a wonderful young man. He is polite and well mannered, but he has a lot to learn about life and living. He thinks because he knows who is is today, that he will always be that way. I told him, "Son, life is about choices. Sometimes you can choose the right thing and it still comes out wrong."

You're damned if you and damned if you don't as a parent. This is why I have always chosen to make sure I do my job as a parent. I know I've done right by my son. I know he's gotten the best of me. He knows he is loved. He knows he is adored. It is now up to him to be the man he thinks he is.

He looks down on me because I stay with his father. I tell him all the time. "Son, you would love to have a woman like me." He will get it sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment