Friday, March 4, 2011

No Shame

I must say I feel better. Now that I have made the mental transition from believing the relationship would survive, I can accept my marriage on the terms that are realistic.

I do not believe divorce is the answer, at least not at this point. I am truly a martyr for marriage when it comes to having children in the home and I still have a 14 year old who can benefit from having her father in her life on a daily basis. I am willing to give credit where credit is due.

I am confident we will not change towards each other. We know our boundaries and this is a good thing.

We are not the first couple to stay together for the sake of the family unit. Hopefully we won't be the last. Married folk need to be mature enough to get along. We need to learn how to engage each with our best in mind and refuse to think the worse of them, just because we may really know the worse. Our kids are worth us making the effort to model people who may not like each other, live together and get along.

No comments:

Post a Comment