Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ten Months

My husband and I have been separated ten months. It has been a blast for me. The mental revival and renewal is just what I needed. At 50 years old, my way of thinking has changed so drastically until I barely suffered at all. God has released me completely from my marriage and know that it is over I can look back and see what He was doing all the time.

My husband has never been the ideal mate, but I didn't require that as much as I required someone who put the time in. He did that, as much as he could anyway. In June, we will have been married 23. August marks our 27th year of being apart of each other's lives. He has been there whether he was completely functional or not. Considering what he had to work with I marvel at how much he was able to accomplish.

My son and I were talking the other day and he said, "My dad was there for me. I knows he loves me."

To a mother, that means the world because she knows her child has gotten what he needed. All children need to know they are loved no matter what they have or do not have, love is the key that will unlock their potential to be the best human beings they can be.

Although my marriage has come to an end, I will always advocate for marriage because it is most definitely important and needed in this society and world. Marriage is the bedrock of any nation. Families make the world worthwhile. Families fuel the economy. Families keep the species alive.

Marriage give purpose to it all. I am proud of our efforts. I truly believe a couple's children reveal the truth about their household. If that is true, then we did great.

No comments:

Post a Comment