Friday, October 14, 2011

The Fastest Week of My Life

My 31 year old daughter is leaving to further her life's journey in Texas. Ironically, I feel so good about the move. I absolutely adore her, but it is time for her to let her pretty wings spread and fly. She is a wonderful young woman. There is no doubt in my mind that she will have a spectacular life. I know she is going to do her best to be the best person she can be.

My daughter is wonderfully giving and caring. This is what I will miss the most. She is my biggest fan. She gives me so much by doing so little. I have been so blessed to have been chosen to bring this great person to the earth. I gladly let her go. I would be wrong to hold on to such a great gem. The world is truly a better place because she has been in it.

I am in awe of her courage to move on and not look back. She has given away most of her possessions. Boy, what a wonderful gift to know for sure your child understands the bigger picture. She really is leaving with the clothes on her back. I am so grateful to God that I have been open and honest with her. Many times she has not liked my methods, but have come to appreciate the great effort I put into rearing her to become independent and a woman.

I wish her well and send with her all my love. You light up my life now go and shine on Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment