Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday

I have lost two very important people within three months. They have left for very different reasons, but they are gone all the same. I am continuously reminded I can only change myself and that I must allow others to live their lives.

Still, I can't help but think about "What if?" I immediately go back to "What is!" That is the only way I can accept what is going on. One relationship is 31 years old and the other 26. Long-term relationships changing can cause one to have a lot of thoughts and I am no different. I know it is for the better that things are the way the are. On a daily basis I feel greater than I have in my life. So, I know God is happy with what is going on, but still, they were important and very close people to me, and now they are gone and most likely for good.

I will talk to them again, but I probably won't spend any true significant time with them as they are both heading for new lives that will not include me. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment