Thursday, June 16, 2011

49 1/2

Wow, I just can't believe that I am literally almost half a century old. I have lived half of 100 years. That is a great accomplishment considering where I came from, my past lifestyle, my mentality, and the fact I am a black in America.

I feel great. I feel as though I have contributed to the world in many ways. The most important being I have raised three productive citizens. At 49 1/2 I have given up all my insecurities, I know what I didn't know, and am ready to learn that which I have yet to discover. I embrace turning 50 with all my heart and soul. I look forward to being considered "seasoned." I hope I die with millions of laugh lines on my face. 50 will be the beginning of the next half of a life I cherish more than I ever thought I would.

I have conquered my weight issue. Haven't gained any in seven years. I am living a moderate life. I have successfully eradicated myself from the rat race and that has been my biggest accomplishment over the last 10 years. I've finally positioned myself to be the woman I want to be.

No, everything is not wonderful around me, but maturing has taught me how to deal with those things and maintain myself. This is something I struggled with for years and used food as an equalizer until it didn't work anymore. Now, I rely on myself to soothe myself and help myself through the painful, tedious, boring situations I find myself in at times.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment