Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Know You

My husband walked into the room and I immediately said to him, "Oh, now you have changed your mind about going, now you want to focus on like I'm a pork chop."

He stopped in his tracks. He couldn't believe I had read all that from him just entering the room. He said, "Was I that obvious?"

"I know your every move. When are you going to accept that?"

"But I didn't make any moves!" he said in horror.

It horrifies him that I know him so well. He became almost sullen. His whole mood changed. The revelation that I not only knew he had changed his mind about doing something, but that I knew what he had decided to do instead, just blew him away.

People like him who are not in touch with themselves, can't see themselves, thus they do not read the signals of others well, unless they have manipulated a response. I know him. I have spent 26 years studying him, meeting his needs and loving him.

He knows me too. He just doesn't pay attention as much as I do, but when certain circumstances arise he knows just what to do most times to help me. We have been present in each others lives for a long time. Although I do feel I have carried the relationship the most, I do give him credit when credit is do. It's fun to be able to share with someone the depth you have gone to acknowledge their presence as a human being. I want my husband to know I want what is best for him. I want him to be happy and free from stress and worry. I want him to love God and himself and his family. I want to know him.

No comments:

Post a Comment