Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chronically Ill-9

The medication is working! I can see changes in all the right places. He is finally accepting he needs and has been taking it regularly. Because of that, his blood pressure has stabilized some and he has had less episodes. I am happy for me. Although he is in stage five kidney failure, and will need dialysis, for the first time I actually feel he may have a chance to live a better life.

He is reluctant to do the right thing, even though it is in his best interest. I am so amazed by this phenomenon where people know they should and could do better, but for whatever reason they don't. He is self-sabotaged all his life and just can't seem to change the pattern. This is such a sad situation because it is obvious God has something for him to do.

Anyway, I am excited about the possibilities. I am praying he will continue to take his medication, eat moderately, and begin to exercise. I do all I can to support his efforts to regain his health. Now that he sees taking his medication is making a difference, I sincerely pray and hope he will continue to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment