Sunday, June 5, 2011

Not Meant to Be

When I was in my early twenties, I had high hopes for love. I had met someone who opened me up to parts of myself I was not fully aware of. I found myself focusing on him and truly believing these things were revealed because he was the one for me. He didn't feel that way.

He gave me his reasons why he felt we would not make it and some of them were very damaging to my self-esteem, yet I was able to conquer the self-doubt he left me with and become the woman I always knew I was meant to be.

As women, we need to learn to let go quicker by accepting some things are just not meant to be. I do believe the Creator knew I needed to know whether there could have been a possibility for us. I was blessed to reconnect with him and found that it was not meant for us to be together. My life would probably have been worse than it has been, if that is even possible. I can see this man would have tried to control my thoughts and this would never have worked.

I am grateful I didn't get what I thought I so desperately wanted. Back then I did all I could to force myself upon him, trying to make he see the mistake he was making leaving me behind. Now, knowing what I know; I accept that clearly it was not meant for me to be with him. I will be forever grateful to him for sparing me the inevitable pain trying to love him would have caused me.

No comments:

Post a Comment