Monday, November 14, 2011

To Be No One But Myself

I have held fast to the belief that I get a chance to be me just as everyone else. My mother would tell me, "Wanda, I put my feelings in my nightstand drawer every morning I wake up."

She didn't have to brag. It was obvious by her coldness and aloof attitude that she was not in touch with her feelings. Even as a young girl, I knew she sounded crazy to want to disconnect from her feelings. Not unlike so many other women, she was not in control of her emotions, so she tried to hide them.

I refuse to hide the richest part of who I am. My feelings and emotions, although easily changeable, are a great part of who I am and deserve my attention and care just as any other part of me.

To be no one but myself, has always been my desire. I can tell you truly, at almost 50, I got it now. I am me and I don't give a damn who doesn't like it. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment