Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Year of Goodbyes

This year has took with it some very important people in my life. My husband and I parted and very well may never speak to each other again. My oldest daughter moved away and probably won't be back, except to visit. Then yesterday, our dog had to be put to sleep.

2011 has taught me to truly let go. My separation from my husband came as a shock. We were fine until the incident occurred. After it happened, it just didn't seem right to stay with him. Especially since he refuses to even try to be a better person. 26 years of sharing and giving is enough. It is time for me to find someone who appreciates me before I die.

I am also saying goodbye to gluttony. I have stopped overeating. I am so amazed at myself until I sit in disbelief sometimes. I can't even try to overeat anymore. My stomach has shrank so much. I prayed and worked hard to be able to leave my sinful ways behind. Thank God for the help and for me being willing to accept it.

I miss my husband terribly, but I know our being separate is for the best. Just because I want him doesn't mean I should have him. I got that now.

My daughter, it has been a long time coming her moving on to live her life. I wish her well and I hope she doesn't come back.

The dog? I have mixed emotions. She was old and could be a pain at times. I'm not really an animal person, but I will miss her presence.

Goodbye, good luck and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment