Monday, February 14, 2011

Can't Win

Even when you try to do the right thing when it come to parenting, you can still lose. It is an amazing paradox. Because we are all individuals, you just never know how your kids are going to turn out.

I did all I could to treat my kids like individuals and allow them to have their say and be real people. No one would have ever told me I would be harassed by my own children for trying to keep our family together. They really think I should get rid of my husband because they don't like him. I don't like him either, but I do love him completely and unconditionally. He is truly the love of my life in many ways.

Parents suffer greatly for over whether are not they are good parents. We want to do the best for our children, but we deserve to have a life too. My kids live in a totally different world than I did. Kids have more protection, know more and have greater expectations from their parents.None of this gives them the right to try to change history. So many try to void out their realities and so much around them tells them this is possible.

What I want my kids to know is I have done the a great favor. So many kids today grow up not knowing who their father is, what he is/or is not about. My kids know these things. It is unfortunate they are disappointed in the man he is.

I know I can't win so I will continue on the path I have been on for the past few years. The only true time a parent wins is if their kids leave home and never have to come back. Then, and only then can they live their lives in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment