Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Taking Care of Myself

Thank God for getting older and wiser. I do feel wise in many ways. The most important is that I have learned I am truly no good to anyone if I do not take care of myself. Little else matters if I am not feeling my best, doing my best, or striving for my best.

It is time for me to take a hiatus. It is time for me to move forward and beyond the day-to-day. I need a break from it all and I am going to give that to myself. I deserve the best life possible and no one is going to give me permission to have it. No one is going to tell me they don't want me to do something for them, so I can do for myself. My kids aren't going to step more, my husband is never going to appreciate the woman he has in me and the folk I work for only wants to make sure I punch in every night.

I care about me. I care that I feel empty sometimes. Like all I do is for nothing. It is because it's not for me. So just like everyone else, if it ain't about me, it ain't about nothing. That is my new motto. I am going to take care of me.

So, that means I won't be around for awhile. I won't be available to "help you out." I am first from this day to the next until I die. I am taking care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment