Monday, April 25, 2011

Living Right

I have always wanted to be a good person. When I was younger I would think of ways that would exhibit how good I was. I made sure I didn't do things to hurt others and I would be the first to tell if I saw my siblings doing things they were not supposed to do.

To me being a good person was not a given. I knew people had to work at it and that working at it would be hard because it is so natural to do what makes you happy, whether others are or not.

Now that I am an adult, I measure my words and steps, I often overlook infractions, and I do what I can to be honest. Even with all this, I fall short at times. I still yell when a calm word will do. Sometimes I'm quick to anger. I can be dismissive at times and I often find myself wanting to be mean to people I think are stupid.

Living right ain't easy. It takes effort and dedication to doing the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing. I'm a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment