Monday, April 11, 2011

My Calling

This weekend has been a life changing weekend. I am a relationship coach and I have been working with a young 30 something who is having problems being the man he wants to be and his relationships are suffering because of it. I was awakened at 3:10 a.m. in the morning needing to talk to him because I felt he offended the God in me and I had to confront him about it. I was talking him about things that basically amounted to basic Christian principles. After talking to him, I began reading the book The Peacemaker, written by Ken Sande. As I read, I became overwhelmed with feelings of favor and grace because I had come to the conclusions in this back when I was 15 years old, or younger even. I have always been a peacemaker and this book verified my authenticity as one who has taken on the task of livng a life that gives glory to God. Back in 2007, God put it on my heart to write about my marriage and how I was able to forgive my husband for his transgressions and really move forward with our relationship. My friend/lawyer read the book and I could tell she wasn't really getting where I was coming from because as the author says in the book, "These principles have also proven to be universally countercultural. No matter what race or country we come from, none of us is naturally inclined to obey Jesus' commands to love our enemies, confess our wrongs, gently correct tohers, submit to our church, and forgive those who hurt us. In fact, left to out own instincts, we are disposed to do just the opposite." She could not believe I shared the things I did, but I also took reponsibility for my role in my husband's infidelity. After reading this book, she called me and said, "Wanda, you are a peacemaker." "You must not have read my autobiography. I've always been a peacemaker. My friends used to call me Martin Luther King." Reading this book has shown me exactly where I need to be in my journey. It has confirmed that I know, what I know and that I am being called to share what I know. My friend has honored me by sharing this book with me. It has given me the push I needed to go ahead and do what I gotta do. I decided I would get out of the way and allow God's will to truly be done, especially in my marriage. This book has confirmed for me I need to go ahead and listen to God and do what He ultimately wants me to do and that is to become a Marriage and Family Therapist. He has prepared me and now it is time for me to show. I am answering His call. I am going back to school. No more hesitation. It is time for me to do what is going to make the biggest difference in my life in every aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment