Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chronic Illness-6

He had the port put in, but not before he put himself through a lot of worry and indecision. I had to call an ambulance to take him to the emergency after he had thrown up for over four days and was having problems breathing and standing.

So much is going on in my life, but I must say I have found a peace that can only be achieved by having a true and honest relationship with the Creator. I let God soothe me. I look for times for peace and quiet reflection. I no longer my husband's mean spirit bother me. Sometimes it gets to me that he can be so cruel, especially since he is so ill and needs so much from others. The fact that he can be cruel is amazing to me.

I still find a way to do what is necessary and not linger on the uncomfortableness he causes with his negative attitude.

I sat and watched him temporarily lose his eyesight and that was frightening. I can only hope and pray he continues to take his medication and find a way to eat in moderation.

He has so many ailments that I have decided to write a script because I can't remember everything when the ambulance comes. I am hoping the dialysis will stop his need to be rushed to the hospital. He has been doing pretty well with taking his meds regularly. I think he has made the decision to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment