Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Good Mother

I have no doubt in my mind that I have been a good mother. I may not have been the best, and I am sure I could have been better, but I know I am at least good.

My kids have never gone without their needs being met. They have most often gotten what they wanted, when they asked for it.

I have done right by my children. I have protected them as much as I could, made sure they got an education, and gave them opportunities to grow and learn and play.

I have been a good mother. Now, I am ready to do what I need to do for myself. I have four more years to go with the last one and I am preparing now for the life I plan to live once she goes off to college.

I took motherhood seriously, and I plan to do the same with my womanhood. I seriously want to have more of a life that is centered around what I want to do. One that does not always have to include others. The good mother is ready for a good break.

No comments:

Post a Comment