Thursday, December 30, 2010

Liberation

I have a dancing spirit. My body loves music and rhythm. I have to dance. I just do. Dancing is something I am very good at and has always been. For as long as I can remember, music has soothed and moved me.

I am an energetic eclectic dancer. I don't do line dance, and have had problems with any dance routine I have tried to master. I simply like to just be free to move however the music wants me to. No hesitation, no inhibitions. I love to dance.

I remember when Madonna's "Get In the Groove," came out. She hit my right at my soul with the line, "Only when I'm dancing can I feel this free." That said it all and it is so true. I like dancing by myself, even when I am at a club. Partners have expectations, I just want to dance.

I have this beautiful book of poetry titled, "Room to Dance," I cry when I read the poetry.

Room to Dance
Incompletes.
Obstacles,
I turn away
Never arriving
on the other side.
Withholds.
Emotions,
Crammed in
the closet becoming
Too stuffed to open.
History.
Waste
from the past,
Littering my niche
I carry it with me,
Never
letting go.
Circumstances.
Clutter,
Infinite excuses why
What I have
is not
What I want.
No clear path
through the
Disorienting chaos
I wander
tripping
stumbling
falling.
I choose.
The Rhythm of Life
seduces me
into motion
Move by move, I
Complete
Reveal
Let Go
Engage.
Clearing the space,
Creating
Room to Dance.
Wow! This poem moves me, explains me, is me. I love the entire book. Dance has been my friend and I am eternally grateful. I have to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment