Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Even I Know

Even I know that what I believe may not be real. I know that our beliefs are based on the feelings and knowledge we have accumulated throughout our lives. Some of it valid, some not. Some based on the truth, some not. I know that just because I believe something it doesn't make it so.



Unfortunately, when it comes to religion, people tend to believe others should believe what they do. Especially when it comes to Christianity. When certain Christians meet those who say they believe the tenets that Christians aspire to are great, but they are not impressed by the religion, they immediately start talking about the person not believing in God. Jesus is not God. In the Christian religion he may be to some, but to those who believe something else, Jesus is not God.



Many Christians act as if they have a patent on God, when in fact God belongs to us all. Just because you believe you have to go through Jesus to get to God, doesn't mean everyone else does and it does not mean they are going to hell because they don't believe what you do.



As a black person, I find it hard to subscribe to a religion that was used to oppress my ancestors. They used the religion to make them believe they were supposed to be slaves. Then they used the Bible to keep them oppressed up to this day. People are afraid to think for themselves. They are afraid to go with what they feel. They allow themselves to be swayed and manipulated.

Religion, politics, love, these passions do not make for good conversation because people's emotions are involved. Even I know you have to let go and let God.

No comments:

Post a Comment