Friday, December 10, 2010

Rubbing Me the Wrong Way

The one thing I have always had going for me was that even though I was very overweight, I always stayed active. In my teens, early twenties and all the way up to age 43, I danced everyday. I mean really dance. The dancing helped me stay in shape and I also added deliberate exercise at least nine months out of the years. I got hurt on the job in 2008 and had to readjust my exercise regime because my knees are involved.

I have since been diagnoses with arthritis. It has zapped a lot of my energy. The bone on bone is rubbing me the wrong way. I now monitor all activity. I make sure I know how far I have to walk when I go places, so I won't be in too much pain to enjoy the activity once I get there. Yes, arthritis is rubbing me the wrong way.

I have gotten all the opinions I need and now it is time to step my game up again and begin an exercise routine suited for my situation. There are sitting exercises I do and I use hand weights. I am pretty muscular which is a good thing because my cloths just keep looking better and better on me. I have lost 10 pounds since May. It is not a lot, but it is not gaining and that says a lot. Dropping my calorie intake lower and heightening my exercise routine is the answer.

Even though I find it very hard to stand, once I get up and going I'm usually okay, but once I sit again, I'm in a world of pain. I really limit my activity because I don't want to have to lay down several times a day just to be able to function. Sometimes is is unavoidable, especially when the climate changes. My bones just rub me the wrong way. There is swelling and pain and discomfort, but I will not give up. I am getting it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment