Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Needy Friend

I'ma a needy friend. I need a lot of help. I am blessed to have people in my life who are willing to do so. I have very few friends so I try hard not to become a burden. I spent a lot of my life not asking for help. I would ask anyone for anything. I'd go out of my way to do it myself. That was a horrible way to live.

When my daughter was younger, I walked her over 15 blocks to school ran or shine. The next year I found had I asked, there was a bus that came one block from our home that would have taken her to school. That woke me up. I began to recognize how silly I was to hold to the belief that I had to do everything for myself.

Learning to ask for help and letting others help me has truly been enlightening and freeing. I am grateful for my friends and wish them well in all the years ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment