Friday, January 21, 2011

Good Citizens

I have reared my children to care about themselves and their community. Each of my children have volunteered on some level throughout their lives. My youngest is getting her turn. She has been chosen as a youth leader to participate in the Reclaiming Our Dreams Youth Leadership Institute. She went through a weekend retreat back in December of 2010, and will going on an overnight retreat this weekend.

The program is every Saturday for the next six months. It is pretty intense, but she loves the intellectual stimulation. She loves to think and rationalize and wonder. She is imaginative, creative, and very diplomatic.

I know it is very important for citizens to be informed ad aware of what is going on in the community and the world. My kids have had the opportunity to be the best they can be. they have been prepped to to give their best.

Of course she is reluctant, she doesn't want to stay all night. What I am trying to get her to understand is you have to be uncomfortable sometimes to get to where you want to be. You cannot stay in in your comfort zone and grow. You just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment