Friday, January 7, 2011

The Male Species

I used to be one of those women who thought she understood men. My theories were based on superficial interactions, hearsay, some observation, but no true knowledge. It wasn't until I had a son that I had to really begin to look at the male species in a different way. I did this because I didn't want to step on his "manhood." I wanted to be able to recognize those things that are "instinctively male." Men are all different just as women are and women need to accept this. Male and female each have characteristics that are unique. With this said, each is able to understand the other if they so choose because deep down, we are not that different.

They way we think is different and this is what many women struggle with. They often feel if they are in love with a man that there is some sort of bond that enables him to be able to read her mind. This is so dangerous and frightening, but so many women just don't get it. No one is a mind reader. Part of our duty as human beings is to learn how to communicate our needs. It is selfish and egotistical to believe others should intuitively know what you want because the profess to love you.

It takes too much energy to think for me and others. I find such relief in minding my own business, expressing my needs, and expecting little from others. No of this means I do not encounter strife, it just means I have good boundaries. I let people unfold and hope they will do the same for me.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad somebody is pointing this out. I always wondered why some women expect their men to be able to read their mind. Some of them even get depressed just thinking their man doesn't pay attention to them enough to understand what they want or what is on their minds. I don't have those super natural powers.

    ReplyDelete