Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happily Married

My husband and I are actually really enjoying each other. We both agreed today that we are getting along well and it has been this way consistently for a while now. It really is such a great feeling.

There are some that would look at our history and be skeptical that we can really be happy. What those people don't understand is the power of true forgiveness. I told my husband that since I have truly forgiven him for all his past transgressions, I have found a new kinda feeling towards him. There is more of a nurturing type of love developing. I truly care about his well being.

Yes, there has been a lot of disappointment and unfortunate experiences, but when I look what all that has led to. I am extremely proud of our willingness to stay the course. It has been one of the hardest things I have ever accomplished in my life. Staying married is truly a test of your intellectual capacity to allow your ego to take a back seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment