Monday, January 24, 2011

My 31 Year Old-Part Two

My oldest has been accepted to one of the best and well-known schools in Kentucky, Spalding University. I am extremely proud of her. I graduated from Spalding in 2002 with a degree in Psychology. She is going for nursing.

Like I said yesterday she is a late bloomer, but has now found her stride and is going for it in her chosen career, which I pegged for her back when she was nine. I paid attention to her and her personality and knew nursing was for her.

I mentioned to her a few times that I thought she should go into nursing, but I never tried to force the idea on her. When she came the the conclusion herself, she came to me and asked me how I knew. I told her I watched her and discovered it.

We do our kids the best favor when we allow them to be who they are and develop on their own as individuals. I am glad I have been able to allow my children to be who they are without reservation.

Now, she is on the right path and will be the better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment