Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Traveling a Rough Road

My husband's memory is getting worse and worse. It is to be expected. He has had four strokes and since his last scan the prognosis was not good. Yet, it is rough dealing with not being able to remember. He asked a question and five minutes later he didn't remember what he had said. It would not be so bad if he wasn't so willing to argue about what was said, knowing all the time he doesn't really remember.

I have said it over and over. If it were not for his ego, he would be dead. His ego is what is killing him and keeping him alive. It is awful to see. I will admit I admire him for sticking to his guns no matter how stupid. Most people just give up. All I can do is be there for him and try to keep him comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment