Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm Ready

Today is the day I give up all the little bits of food that are keeping me 50 pounds heavier than I need to be. I went to the doctor on Friday and she told me I was presently eating 1840 calories a day. I was ecstatic. It was my goal to get down to 2000 a day. Now that I have surpassed that goal with barely trying, I am ready to rid myself of 400 more calories a day, so that I may shed 50 pounds.

I had decided to try to get to 2000 a year ago. I don't know when I reached, and surpassed the goal, but I do know I look and feel better than I have in a long time. I no longer dread monitoring myself. As a matter of fact, because I do; I have more confidence in myself because I am not letting myself down. I am actually living the life I want.

Moderation is the key and I'm ready to take it to the next level. It is important that I reach this goal. One reason is I'll be 50 years old and I don't want to be over 200 pounds at fifty. I want this age to mark a true new beginning for me.

I was initially going to go an all liquid diet, but when I found out I was down to 1840 calories a day, I realized I can lose the weight without taking drastic measures. I am excited about the journey. It won't be hard because the stuff I'm eating, I don't need. Little treats and extra bites. Once they are gone, so will the extra weight.

Moderation is the key and I'm ready to live a moderate life from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment