Wednesday, August 17, 2011

God's Will

Sometimes we don't know when something is God's will. When something happens, I no longer question "why," instead I immediately begin to search for God's will. I ask myself, "how can this be used to glorify God?"

The great thing about marriage is it gives us the opportunity to glorify God in so many ways. Marriage is difficult, even when it is good. Tough marriages need prayer and patience. It is foolish to think we know all we need to know to make it through our relationship. We need to constantly seek God's will because it is our nature to try to get what "we" want, whether it is in the best interest of our partner and marriage.

When I began to pray for God's will to be done in my marriage, the marriage became like a third person to me. I could see how marriages could survive in the midst of horrible circumstances. The marriage gives us binds us together while we work on ourselves to become more pleasing to God. Marriage can mask a multitude of sins, for a long time. If the one of the partners is a prayer and can hold on faithfully, things can turn around.

Even though my husband and I are experiencing a severe rough patch, my faith in God tells me, if we want it, we can smooth it out again. The question is now, do we want it?

No comments:

Post a Comment