Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chronically Ill-15

My husband is experiencing blackout spells. He called to tell me. I listened. At this point, there is nothing I can do to comfort him. I ended the conversation by telling him to take care of himself. My son has been staying with him and helping him out, according to him. I hope this is a good thing.

My son didn't have much to do with him when he was home. He didn't help at all, as a matter of fact. Since the separation, he has been extremely caring towards his dad. I am glad for them both. They needed to reconcile and if it took us parting for it to happen, I am glad we are apart.

I do have sympathy for him. He just started going down three years ago and has not stopped. He looks old and frail. His skin is almost black. He really looks bad.

I spent the week with him when he was in ICU. They were scaring him and I knew he needed me, so I was there. I was so glad when that stay was over. I had not recognized the stress while I was enmeshed in it, but having been away from it for almost two months, I noticed the difference in how I feel immediately after I ceased having contact with him daily.

I wish him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment