Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Love Connection

"Each individual we encounter appears to hold a lost piece of us. It joins with us the instant it is recognized. But only love can see it." Hugh Prather

My husband and I recognized the lost piece of ourselves in the other. I accepted mine, he rejected his. He has fought being committed to our marriage from the beginning, but he has always felt we were soul mates. He made this assertion from the moment he met me.

It took me a while to recognize the full extent of the spiritual connection because I was over identifying with him. I spent a lot of time making excuses for him and trying hard to understand how and why I loved someone so different from myself.

Love saw deep into each of our wounds and we were drawn to the desire to heal the other. I must admit I have never really felt like he ever was intentionally trying to hold me down. The impact of his self-destructive ways have been the deterrent to us having a better life financially and emotionally. He is searching for something he has no idea of how to get. He wants a life he is unwilling to work for. Without effort, saying you someone is not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment